IdP 3.2.1 Ldap problem

Negib A. Sherif aa8288 at wayne.edu
Thu Feb 4 11:11:19 EST 2016

Hey Daniel,
I tried JAAS for authentication porting my 2.x DataConector and got the following error when attempting to login to Remote Ldap.  Any Hint to fix the error below?  Eventually, I want to stick with Ldap Authentication built in v3.

2016-02-04 10:47:56,091 - ERROR [net.shibboleth.idp.saml.profile:-2] - Uncaught runtime exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at javax.naming.NameImpl.<init>(NameImpl.java:283)
2016-02-04 10:47:56,097 - WARN [org.opensaml.profile.action.impl.LogEvent:76] - An error event occurred while processing the request: RuntimeException

I have commented out ...LDAP.baseDN config lines from the following files. Otherwise, I keep getting baseDN error.

root at ShibIdP:/opt/shibboleth-idp# grep -R "LDAP.baseDN" conf/*
conf/attribute-resolver.xml
conf/authn/ldap-authn-config.xml
conf/ldap.properties