Neocase HR and portal apps?

Mark K. Miller max at psu.edu
Mon Aug 15 18:20:01 EDT 2016

For anyone who has completed their Shibboleth IdP v2 to v3 upgrade, do you
use Neocase's HR and/or portal apps?

Neocase is an InCommon member and we use the federation metadata to do the
metadata exchange (my IdP entityID is urn:mace:incommon:psu.edu, and the
Neocase entityIDs are https://psuhr.neocaseonline.com/connexion_neocase
and https://psuportal.neocaseonline.com/connexion_neocase ).

Both of these SPs use IdP-initiated SSO, which I've tested just fine with
other SPs.  And, from the IdP perpective, seems to still be working just
fine for both Neocase SPs (I make the expected assertion with the
appropriate attributes for each SP and seem to not log any problems doing
it.)

Sadly, though, the Neocase SPs suddenly give the unsatisfying user
experience of failing to access the app.  No specific SAML error is shown,
and I'm working sort of 'one layer removed' from the Neocase folks, so I
haven't found out if they're logging any SAML errors yet.

I'm really only expecting that someone who has Neocase setup and has done
the v3 upgrade can help me, since there's really no SAML info to go on
here.  However, Scott (or any of the "list magicians,") if you have one,
don't let that discourage you from providing one of your 'magic' answers
that would tell me how to make this all better.

Thanks!

Max