Docusign

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 9 13:46:31 EDT 2016

> Dunno what's going on, but these appear to be their docs, and if so, "it could
> be anything and it's more likely the difference was in whoever set up your
> DocuSign account."
>
> https://www.docusign.com/supportdocs/ndse-admin-
> guide/Content/identity-providers.htm

That resembles what I think they have described to me as the new platform. I was pretty up front with them that they ultimately just needed to support arbitrary linkage on NameID or Attribute. And they asked and listened, which is greatly to their credit.

I did spend time explaining why they needed to break out of this silo model; it doesn't work with Box and it doesn't work for a document signing service either. But that's just too hard for these vendors to grasp I think, and you probably end up with the bugs Microsoft had if you try to get it.

Anway, I think the most important thing to understand: Using "unspecified" is almost never required. Doesn't matter what people say or document. There's a 90% or higher rate of "oh, I guess it doesn't matter".