Google Apps + v3 Idp (again)

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Apr 14 10:47:06 EDT 2016

> I need to enter my full work email address into google's login form, for it to
> trigger the shibboleth login.
> Our login names (staff or student ID) are completely different, and we don't
> store them on google at all when provisioning accounts via GADS.

Well, I don't actually think the first point implies that's the internal object's key in Google, but the second probably does.

> I tried creating a username of mystaffID at hull-college.ac.uk on google as an
> experiment, then changed the attribute resolver google-principal to use
> sAMAccountName (so the NameID bean definition would use it to). And the
> metadata to ask for a nameid-format:unspecified). But it just changed it to
> be a transient ID and set something google would be even more clueless
> about.

Well, that's misconfiguring the IdP, it has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

You cannot request or drive the unspecified Format with metadata, period. I don't know how else to say it. I documented it. I noted it in big yellow boxes.

It's already 100% confirmed: you don't need that Format with Google. So that's just a red herring.