Evolving Attribute Release Policies for campuses

Michael A Grady mgrady at unicon.net
Wed Apr 6 17:29:00 EDT 2016

> On Apr 6, 2016, at 11:47 AM, Tom Zeller <tzeller at dragonacea.biz> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 6, 2016, at 11:41 AM, Wessel, Keith <kwessel at illinois.edu> wrote:
>>
>> So, what does UApprove, per Tom's post, do with it? Does it just look for everything in a long string in the description tag explaining what each attribute is being used for? That's hardly useful, minus some insane parsing, for per-attribute display on a consent page.
>
> Maybe this screenshot from the uApproveJP docs will help :

There were extensions to metadata, see the end of the following wiki page:

 https://meatwiki.nii.ac.jp/confluence/display/GakuNinShibInstall/Installation+and+configuration+of+uApprove+Jet+Pack+2.5.0

I also mentioned this mail thread on the now TIER-related consent effort, in case anyone related to that effort wants to weigh in on what the latest work is in that space in terms of where/how they think this information should be best carried. Metadata being a relatively obvious choice, but not the only choice.

--
Michael A. Grady
IAM Architect, Unicon, Inc.