IdP 3 and Stale Requests

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 17 10:17:02 EST 2015

On 11/17/15, 9:47 AM, "users on behalf of James Gross" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of JamesGross at uncc.edu> wrote:

>Just as an update. It appears that these were occurring when a person clicked the login button twice, the enter key twice or both after entering their credentials. We added some javascript to prevent the form submission.  It was likely lagging during the Duo preauthorization.

That's unusual because if the flow hasn't advanced its state yet, clicking twice doesn't actually produce that error. Most people are seeing lock timeout exceptions in that case if they click enough. Anyway, the default 3.2 form changes the button text now after the click. Your Javascript may not work on every browser, apparently disabling the button causes problems for some people.