ECP Practical issue

lalith jayaweera j_lalith at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 4 06:54:06 EST 2015

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue is below, probably I will try to elaborate more,

For Office 365, our UPN is firstname.lastname @ test.x.y.z which is same as our email attribute,

For non-web clients (say smartphones), when they try to authenticate via UPN (using ECP), it fails because as per my understanding of how ECP works with office365, from above UPN, the username for IdP Apache server(below auth block) will be firstname.lastname  (local part of UPN) but not full UPN which is firstname.lastname @ test.x.y.z

Unfortunately we don't have any LDAP attribute to authenticate against firstname.lastname  but only for email which is the full UPN.

So my question is how to overcome this practical issue of Apache authentication for ECP,

As I said it may not be direct shib question, but am curious how others achieved this where local part of UPN is not a direct LDAP attribute value.

Hope this is clear.