Externalized XML Access Control Rules with Apache 2.4

Thomas Baerecke thomas.baerecke at switch.ch
Fri May 22 04:25:43 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to define XML access control rules in an external file using
the |ShibAccessControl command in the apache configuration to include
the file. I'm using the Shibboleth SP Version 2.5.4. With Apache 2.2
everything works as expected, but Apache 2.4 states that the command is
invalid:

Mai 22 10:15:11 <host>.switch.ch httpd[7002]: Invalid command
'ShibAccessControl', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

In my configuration (for Apache 2.4.6 on RHEL 7) I have the following:

<Location />
   AuthType shibboleth
   ShibRequestSetting requireSession true
   Require shibboleth
   ShibAccessControl /etc/httpd/access_control_rules.xml
</Location>

Did anyone already get this to run under Apache 2.4? If yes, what are
the necessary steps to get it running?

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,

Thomas