IdP v3.1.1 and LDAP error code 32

Emerson Mello emerson_ml at yahoo.com.br
Sun May 10 16:34:33 EDT 2015

Hi Scott,

> What did you set idp.authn.LDAP.authenticator to, if anything? The default is searching anonymously so that no credentials have to be supplied. You have to change that if that's not the case, and either bind directly or indirectly with service credentials.

You are right!

I left the default value, that is:

#idp.authn.LDAP.authenticator                   = anonSearchAuthenticator

Ok, now I’m using

idp.authn.LDAP.authenticator                   = bindSearchAuthenticator

and everything is working! I mean, passed through authentication process with successful.

>> I didn’t change anything on conf/authn/jaas.config.
>
> Are you using JAAS or LDAP? Those are entirely different settings. You can't affect JAAS settings with properties in a property file, JAAS doesnt suppor't that.

I’m using LDAP, but I said that just to show more details about my environment.

> If you want it to "just work" based on a 2.x config, use JAAS. If you use JAAS and copy over a working attribute-resolver config, nothing in ldap.properties applies.

Great! I will try it as well.

Cheers

Emerson