Shibboleth 2.5.4-3.1 and Apache 2.4 on Amazon Linux AMI

Paul Nickerson pgn674 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 15:01:49 EDT 2015

>I just looked at the specfiles and the reason is that I was asked to
>explicitly add Amazon content into the files, and so I added the
>BuildRequires line to the Amazon vendor tag.

Ok, that makes sense. Any chance of modifying the build requires line to
allow either httpd-devel or httpd24-devel at some point in the future? In
the Amazon repos, both Apache 2.2 and 2.4 are available. All the Apache 2.2
packages are httpd, while the 2.4 ones are httpd24. Is it possible or wise
to depend on choice of two packages?