IdP 3.1.0.1 reinstall & Jetty

Dave Bartholomew Dave.Bartholomew at csueastbay.edu
Fri Mar 20 13:33:10 EDT 2015

> You don't.  If you want to move the installation...

Thanks for the good info, but I think I can best state my question by saying
this is what I want to do:

Uninstall the IdP.
Delete the Shibboleth directory (which contains Jetty).
Delete any registry entries (if any) required to make the installer forget
it ever heard of Shibboleth.
Reinstall the IdP with "install Jetty" checked targeted to a new location
such that the Jetty piece will once again be within the new IdP
installation.

I found I wasn't able to do that since the Jetty installation got
reinstalled where it was previously.

> HINT: now would be a good time for you to run procrun and see what is
> happening to aacli.bat...

Well, I can say for sure what happened most recently:

Tried it out with a copy & paste from a previous successful run:

C:\Program Files
(x86)\Shibboleth\IdP\conf>..\bin\aacli.bat --configDir=. --principal=ab1234
--requester=https://sp.example.org

Ran this:

>..\bin\aacli.bat --configDir=. --principal=ab1234 --requester=https://sp.example.org

Bye, bye aacli.bat.
Could I have been that speedy, sloppy, and absent-minded enough to have done
that each time I had the problem?
Quite possible (likely)...

Dave Bartholomew
Cal State University, East Bay