Using SRPM method to install Shibboleth on Amazon EC2 ...

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 13 14:04:08 EDT 2015

On 3/13/15, 1:52 PM, "Michael A Grady" <mgrady at unicon.net> wrote:
>I'm assuming there is something else embedded in what got built that is causing the /usr/lib64 version
>to get used even though I've set LD_LIBRARY_PATH. (Both in init.d and in sysconfig,
>and tested it was set by adding a "env" into the /etc/init.d/shibd script to see the
>environment just before running "daemon ..".)

The rpath has to be stripped.

chrpath -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_sbindir}/shibd
chrpath -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_bindir}/mdquery
chrpath -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_bindir}/resolvertest

>I'll note the "build from sprm" does not create the file /etc/sysconfig/shibd,
>which /etc/init.d/shibd will use if it exists, and which is the RPM-build supplied
>way to set the User to 'shibd' and the alternate LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

That's because the Amazon platform check wasn't in the specfile until recently. If it were, you wouldn't even get it to build without the special version, because the specfile requires libcurl-openssl on affected platforms.

2.5.4 SRPMs will build properly on Amazon.