Queries on Shibboleth 3.0 deployment

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Sat Mar 7 11:41:42 EST 2015

On 3/7/15, 5:40 AM, "Dip Sarkar" <dip.sarkar at agiloft.com> wrote:

>​Please suggest the "minimum configuration steps" needed for Shibboleth 3.0 IdP to validate whether my SAML 2.0 SP works well with Shibboleth 3.0 IdP.

Define "works well".

Probably install, get authentication configured, and load metadata for a basic test. Then add attributes in the resolver, I guess.

> Is there a GUI, which accepts the configuration?

No.

>The Shibboleth configuration Wiki has 18 sections, describing tons of stuff! As a first step , I am looking
> for basic / minimal configuration and then move on to detailed/advanced setup.

The first step of documenting is to document everything because if it's not, you never document most of the software. Documenting less than everything takes much more time.

>I have installed Shibboleth 3.0 IdP on WIndows 7. The IdP WAR is deployed on Apache Tomcat 8 as suggested in Shibboleth Wiki.The IdP status page comes up fine.

Then the install step at least is done. But for the record, that isn't what we suggest. Jetty is the suggested choice.