Documentation of Extensions generated by SP Metadata handler

James Sanders sanderjd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 18:07:30 EST 2015

I'm curious about the `<md:Extensions>` elements that the automatic
Metadata handler generates. I'm seeing one underneath
`<md:EntityDescriptor>`, which contains `<alg:DigestMethod>` and
`<alg:SigningMethod>` elements, and one under `<md:SPSSODescriptor>`, which
contains an `<init:RequestInitiator>` element. I'm also seeing a few
`<md:EncryptionMethod>` elements under `<md:KeyDescriptor>`.

I think I can guess the purpose of all of these, but I can't seem to find
any documentation about what exactly they are for, or recommendations
regarding whether or not it's good practice to include them in real
metadata.

Thanks!

-James