shibsp::ConfigurationException error

Mike De Lise mdelise at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:15:58 EST 2015

Hey, I've been trying to configure a localSPidpShib test following the
guide with no luck.  The relying-party.xml on the server doesn't line
up with what is asked to uncommend etc in the guide.  I've tried both
on the same server, and separate servers.  I'm pretty new at this but
have spent a lot of time trying to get this to work and any input
would be greatly appreciated.

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/IdPSPLocalTestInstall

Both servers are running CentOS7, Apache 2.4, Java1.7 and Tomcat 8
When I access https://SPserver/secure
I get the following error:

shibsp::ConfigurationException

The system encountered an error at Mon Mar 2 13:47:05 2015

To report this problem, please contact the site administrator at root at localhost.

Please include the following message in any email:

shibsp::ConfigurationException at (https://10.10.0.53/secure)

None of the configured SessionInitiators handled the request.

The weird thing is, last night I was getting
opensaml:saml2md:MetadataException Unable to locate metadata for
identity provider.

shibd.log shows

2015-03-02 13:47:05 DEBUG Shibboleth.Listener [2]: dispatching message
(default/Login::run::SAML2SI)
2015-03-02 13:47:05 INFO Shibboleth.SessionInitiator.SAML2 [2]: unable
to locate SAML 2.0 identity provider role for provider
(https://10.10.0.37/idp/shibboleth)
2015-03-02 13:47:05 DEBUG Shibboleth.Listener [2]: dispatching message
(default/Login::run::Shib1SI)
2015-03-02 13:47:05 INFO Shibboleth.SessionInitiator.Shib1 [2]: unable
to locate Shibboleth-aware identity provider role for provider
(https://10.10.0.37/idp/shibboleth)

Thanks
Mike