accessing user principal in scripted attributes

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Wed Jun 17 17:05:40 EDT 2015

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Rod Widdowson <rdw at steadingsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Damn!  It was worth a try.  I don't support it's the with(new
> JavaImporter(...) doing something strange is it?

It seems like it *is* a problem with "new JavaImporter()".

This much simplified script worked using both requestContext.principalName
and resolutionContext.getPrincipal()

if (typeof(umichDirectoryID) == 'undefined') {
    salt = "some#salt#value#12345679";
    //uniqueValue = requestContext.principalName + salt;
    uniqueValue = resolutionContext.getPrincipal() + salt;
    umichPersonUniqueId.addValue(uniqueValue);
} else {
    umichPersonUniqueId.addValue(umichDirectoryID.getValues().get(0));
}

Any suggestions for alternatives to  "new JavaImporter(...)" ?

thx!
Liam