Customising login page in IdP v3

Nate Klingenstein ndk at internet2.edu
Tue Jun 16 07:02:59 EDT 2015

> Restarted jetty and it still didn't pick up the new footer. Where are those idp.footer etc variables set?

Specifically, these are set using the .properties files in the /messages directory, which are reloaded by
Spring in the default configuration every 5 minutes or so and made available to the Velocity engine,
AFAIK.  Many of these file names are somewhat misleading as to the contents, such as
error-messages.properties, so grep is your friend.

Generically, I think that macro expansion can depend on a bunch of different things and pull from a
bunch of different sources, so there is no profound universal underlying truth.