Shib IdP - Metadata Download and Java 1.7.0_85

Nate Klingenstein ndk at internet2.edu
Thu Jul 23 13:27:01 EDT 2015

Well a) we have always said this was a bad idea and we weren't wrong

That’s fine, but every large deployment I know of has quite a bit of IP address “intelligence” built into DNS resolution to scale.  AWS ELB is my specific challenge here, but you could pick basically any “cloud” hosting service.

The LDAP issue Brent found is going to be even more fun if that proves to be an issue, and I don’t think ldaps has been against any recommendations.

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/ResolverLDAPDataConnector