Strange PermGen out of memory error - Shib IdP V3

Daniel Fisher dfisher at vt.edu
Tue Jul 14 10:04:22 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Stefan Santesson <stefan at aaa-sec.com>
wrote:

> I tried to change to BeanManagedConnection.
>
> I used the example from the Wiki:
> https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/BeanManagedConnection
>
> I had to add commons-dbcp-1.4.jar to the lib.
> I added the bean declaration in global.xml.
>
> I get an error trying to start the IdP, saying that the drivarClass
> property is not writable:
>
> Caused by: org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException: Invalid
> property 'driverClass' of bean class
> [org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource]: Bean property 'driverClass' is
> not writable or has an invalid setter method. Does the parameter type of
> the setter match the return type of the getter?

That looks like a typo in the docs. Try using this instead:

<bean id="MyDataSource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close"
    p:driverClassName="%{datasource.driverClass}"
    p:url="%{datasource.jdbcUrl}" p:username="%{datasource.user}"
p:password="%{datasource.password}"
    p:maxActive="10" p:maxIdle="5" p:maxWait="2000" p:testOnBorrow="true"
    p:validationQuery="select 1" p:validationQueryTimeout="5" />

--Daniel Fisher