IdP v2 to v3 migration success story

Paul Engle pengle at rice.edu
Wed Jul 1 10:56:27 EDT 2015

On 7/1/2015 9:41 AM, Marvin Addison wrote:
>     Now that we have v3 up and running, I plan to work on turning on some of
>     the new functionality like attribute release and CAS integration.
>

> I'm happy to help support your use of the new CAS protocol support when
> you get to that point. I'm curious, do you have existing CAS
> infrastructure that you'd like to replace with IdP functionality or is
> it new capability?

We do have an existing infrastructure, but not terribly complex. We only
last fall added in SAML attribute support, and only one application is
leveraging that. It's mostly just been offered as a low-bar alternative
for our web application developers to use instead of direct LDAP-based auth.

  -paul

--
Paul D. Engle              |  Rice University
Systems Administrator III  |  Information Technology - MS119