Problem with /idp/AuthnEngine

Seth Ristow sristow at lps.org
Fri Jan 30 16:03:13 EST 2015

> I can only tell you what the login handlers that we support do, and AFAIK, none of them POST to that URL. I believe they servlet-forward there internally after they're done working to complete the process, which the client doesn't see.

Interesting. It looks like the URL to post to is being generated by this in login.jsp:

<% if(request.getAttribute("actionUrl") != null){ %>
<form id="login" action="<%=request.getAttribute("actionUrl")%>" method="post">

which results in this

           <form id="login" action="/idp/AuthnEngine" method="post">

when I get to that page for authentication.

Normally, as you said I would go to /idp/AuthnEngine and get a 302 redirect to idp/Authn/UserPassword (that's what happens from other SPs). Here, I get a 200 response instead, which leaves me on that page and generates the code above which appears not to work.

Seth Ristow
Lincoln Public Schools