TestShib metadata not updating

Kevin Foote kpfoote at uoregon.edu
Thu Jan 22 10:08:51 EST 2015

Quick answer is - You need to use the same file name when you re-upload metadata.

I'll be able to scrub your old stuff in about an hour 😄

- sent from mobile

On Jan 22, 2015, at 7:03 AM, Benjamin Cherian <benjamin.cherian at villanova.edu<mailto:benjamin.cherian at villanova.edu>> wrote:

Hello,

I am new to Shib, and am currently testing implementing Idp 3.0. I'm having issues where it doesn't seem like my metadata is being updated on TestShib.org<http://TestShib.org>.

I uploaded my metadata to TestShib. I realized I had used an HTTPS URL, but I had not enabled SSL on my test server.

I re-uploaded my metadata to TestShib, this time with HTTP URLs. I got some successful tests, but realized I needed to start over.

This time I setup SSL on my server correctly, re-uploaded the metadata to TestShib. Now I'm getting the following error which leads me to believe that the metadata is not updating for my Entity

ERROR [org.opensaml.saml.common.binding.security.impl.ReceivedEndpointSecurityHandler:199] - Message Handler:  SAML message intended destination endpoint 'https://my.domain.com/idp/profile/SAML2/Redirect/SSO' did not match the recipient endpoint 'http://my.domain.com:8080/idp/profile/SAML2/Redirect/SSO'

I checked the metadata and this 8080 URL is not in there at all, it was there originally when I submitted the HTTP version. I've been using the same exact file name. When I upload the metadata I've checked to make sure the 8080 URL is not in the uploaded file that is displayed on the site.

Is something wrong with TestShib? Should I be doing something differently?

Thanks,
Ben