Office 365, Student Advantage and Shibboleth Question

Rob Gorrell rwgorrel at uncg.edu
Mon Jan 12 12:10:59 EST 2015

> Current state is more or less irrelevant, MS is (based on their press
> releases) moving all their fat client approaches to "launch a browser,
> support SAML or whatever". Mainly due to non-password authentication
> support.

I'm just curious... has anyone seen this roll in their tenant yet? I've
also been aware MS has listed this feature as "Rolling Out" on the O365
roadmap site since Dec (or was it late Nov).... this is something we've
been waiting on for some time now as we've rolled O365 with pure SAML
(Shibb) based login and our users are getting hungry for Pro Plus and other
features previously only supported by active authentication. We were first
told Q4, then Decemeber, and now its mid January and despite having the
.1002 December update for Office released, I see no changes in the
authentication sequence. I'm guessing we're still waiting for something to
be enabled against our tenant, but that has me curious if anyone has so far
layed eyes on the passive authentication features of the new Azure AD
Authentication Library? I hope this isn't something that will continue to
take months to roll across all the existing tenants.

-Rob

--
Robert W. Gorrell
Systems Architect, Identity and Access Management