. is it possible to echo the <saml:Attribute> in Shibboleth IdP?

Roger P roger.p.5102 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 22:04:55 EST 2015

I have a use case where I need to implement
attribute encryption engine. I am thinking about using Shibboleth Idp
for it. I intend to use  AttributeQuery to transport the
<saml:Attribute>  from my Soap client. Then configuring
Shibboleth IdP  for echoing the  encrypted <saml:Attribute>
in <smal:response>.

I have two questions.

1. Is it valued to configure IdP just for encryption?

2. is it possible to echo the <saml:Attribute> in Shibboleth IdP?

 Thanks,

-Roger