InvalidSubjectCanonicalizationContext error.

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 13 15:49:20 EDT 2015

On 8/13/15, 3:38 PM, "users on behalf of O'Dowd, Josh" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of Josh.O'Dowd at mso.umt.edu> wrote:

>The first instance of InvalidSubjectCanonicalizationContext in the idp-process.log is:
>2015-08-13 13:26:08,640 - DEBUG [org.springframework.webflow.execution.ActionExecutor:53] - Finished executing net.shibboleth.idp.authn.impl.PopulateSubjectCanonicalizationContext at 4b69ddcb; result = InvalidSubjectCanonicalizationContext
>
>I am really not sure what is goofed up here.  Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks.

Well, the root cause aside, I think you tripped a bug also. Some of the more obscure error conditions (the "this shouldn't really ever happen" types) are probably not getting fully enumerated where they need to be.

If you could try adding that error event to system/flows/authn/authn-abstract-flow.xml as an <end-state> for me, and see if that gets it to actually "handle" the error it's raising, that would confirm my read of it.

I'll look at the action that's failing to see why, but basically something's probably off about the context tree when you transfer control off.