Non-web Clients

Matthew Slowe M.Slowe at kent.ac.uk
Mon Aug 3 09:49:42 EDT 2015

On 03/08/2015 14:44, "users on behalf of Cantor, Scott" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of cantor.2 at osu.edu> wrote:

>On 8/3/15, 3:44 AM, "users on behalf of Matthew Slowe" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of m.slowe at kent.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>>I've not heard about them moving things like ActiveSync and IMAP/SMTP
>>away from ECP... have you? Not really sure how that would work!
>
>With plugins that do web login. There are two motivations for that, MFA being one and supporting OAuth another. I don't know about ActiveSync actually, Office365 was the focus of all their announcements.

Yes, the "thick" applications like Word etc have Passive Auth web clients in the pipeline (released?) but ActiveSync is so embedded in such a variety of devices that I think it would be harder to sort :-)

--
Matthew Slowe | Server Infrastructure Officer
IT Infrastructure, Information Services, University of Kent

www.kent.ac.uk/is | @UnikentUnseenIT | @UKCLibraryIt

PGP: https://keybase.io/fooflington