Dropping OpenSUSE 12.3 packages

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Fri Apr 24 10:54:18 EDT 2015

TL;DR, This is just a heads up that the Shibboleth SP packages for
OpenSUSE 12.3 will be disappearing soon.

The background is that 12.3 is no longer maintained, so the build service
pushes projects to drop packages both to avoid people running insecure
versions of the OS and to save them the space. Our general policy is to
drop support for anything not under standard support from the vendor or
maintainer anyway, and given the immense value we get for free from the
build service, I try and be a good citizen and help them out.

So if you need the current versions, make sure to download them.