Passing Shibboleth SP Headers to Tomcat on IIS 7 with Tomcat Connector

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Mon Sep 22 07:15:46 EDT 2014

* Cantor, Scott <cantor.2 at osu.edu> [2014-09-20 19:32]:
> Their connector might handle more, but the old APIs the SP uses in IIS
> don't have the ability to set anything but headers, so there's nothing
> else it can pass along.

Ah, OK.

I also re-checked and realized that the Tomcat Connector reference was
about mod_jk (which I didn't know this was available for MS-IIS as
well), which is actually more powerful than mod_proxy_ajp, but usually
needs to be compiled seperately (thereby becoing a maintenance issue)
and has much more complex configuration, whereas mod_proxy_ajp is
included with later httpd 2.2 and 2.4 builds and will often Just Work.

All of that is moot, of course, of the APIs excercized by the SP only
support generation of HTTP request headers, not environment variables.

Sorry for side-tracking the discussion.
-peter