entity descriptors from multiple registrars

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Wed Sep 17 17:48:26 EDT 2014

* Tom Scavo <trscavo at gmail.com> [2014-09-17 17:58]:
> I definitely have use cases: two NSF-funded R&S SPs where the NSF
> dollars are intended to be used for US research, exclusively.

No idea what that means for services, subjects and their research.
http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/legacy/mod_geoip2/ ?
Not that virtually being on US soil (as far as GeoIP is concerned)
will tell you what kind of research I'm involved with.

Related to what Scott said about registrar info as Entity Attributes:
DFN-AAI translates @registrationAuthority into entity attributes in
their downstreams, IIRC, so the Shib SP's (and IDP's) built-in match
functors can be used for that, no extensions needed.
Quick short term "fix", I would think.
(And no, I also don't understand what a metadata registrar has to do
with the above mentioned use case. But then I don't understand the use
case. Or its relation to SAML and Shibboleth.)
-peter