test idp instance with local data

Allan West allan at ufl.edu
Fri Nov 21 14:04:53 EST 2014

On 2014/11/21 13:36, Cantor, Scott wrote:
> On 11/21/14, 5:48 PM, "Allan West" <allan at ufl.edu> wrote:
>> I've been reading through wiki.shibboleth.net, but I haven't found what I
>> need to build something that
>> isn't the canonical data source. Any references or pointers are
>> appreciated.
> I'm not sure what you're seeing, but the IdP has no concept of
> "canonical". Whatever you hook it to is canonical.
>
> FWIW, I find the easiest route in both your scenario and in enterprise
> scenarios is with a SQL database. By asking the question, you're
> essentially implying that setting up an LDAP service to do it is not what
> you're looking for, so the alternative is RDBMS or writing code,
> essentially (there's also the Static connector of course, but I don't know
> what you're really doing here).
>
> -- Scott

Scott,
yes I am looking for details on connecting to a simple database. I
created one in mysql (our standard small db), but all of the extant IdPs
at my site use Oracle for their connection to campus data.

I am reading the generic IdP installation instructions and comparing
them to our local instructions. There are changes I need to make to
access my new mysql db, and I'm just unclear enough about the "normal"
set up that I'm struggling with how much of the local setup needs to be
changed, and what start-up my little database needs.
Thanks,
Allan West