idp 2.4.3 update - unknown protocol: classpath

Paul B. Henson henson at csupomona.edu
Sat Nov 15 00:32:20 EST 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 09:08:05PM -0800, Paul B. Henson wrote:

> The configuration loads and works fine. I'm not sure why this use of
> classpath works, but adding in the one for CAS blows chunks. I'm not
> much of a spring XML guru, so maybe I'm doing something stupid the
> previous parser was lenient about but this one doesn't like?

Well, it turns out I did do something stupid, although not with the xml
<sigh>. I accidentially based the OS packaging for this new version on
an obsolete specifications file from before we integrated the CAS
component, so the resulting install didn't include the shib-cas jar
files :(. Once I fixed this to actually include the integration
component, everything works fine with the new version and the changed
parser.

If it would have been a nice understandable error like "schema not
found" or something, I probably would have figured it out a lot quicker.
But "unknown protocol: classpath"? Really? Java 8-/.

Sorry for the noise.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.cpp.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at cpp.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768