mod_shib_24.so not included in shibboleth RPM

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Tue May 6 20:38:07 EDT 2014

On 5/6/14, 8:11 PM, "David Hodnett" <david at pathbrite.com> wrote:
>Amazon Linux is binary compatible with CentOS 5. I have successfully
>deployed the RPM from
><http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/security://shibboleth/CentOS_5/
>> and it worked great with with Apache 2.2 as installed from Amazon's own
>>repo.

I recall you or somebody else saying that recently, but my brain is full
of Java right now, so I didn't remember. The problem at one point was with
the init script as I recall.

>However, I misunderstood what I was trying to accomplish. I no longer
>think Apache 2.4 is the problem. I think
>https://issues.shibboleth.net/jira/browse/SSPCPP-618 is what I was
>originally
> looking for, and I'm very fortunate I didn't run into any halt and catch
>fire instructions within the CentOS 5 build.

Right, there are likely going to be issues with the specfiles, as I said,
because there's a lot of per-distribution detail in them.

>And I very much appreciate the effort. I took it for granted how easy it
>was to set up and configure Shibboleth Service Providers thanks to this
>RPM.

Unfortunately the effort that goes into the RPMs is more than most people
might guess, and moving to the build service has been a major time saver,
but at the cost of limiting the platforms I can target.

> I initially installed Shibboleth (via yum) on an Amazon free tier
>"micro" instance, realized that I couldn't update it via RPM, tried to
>build from source and encountered a fatal error compiling OpenSAML due to
>the lack of memory available on that instance. It's been one obstacle
>after another but I will keep an eye on that JIRA ticket and keep trying
>in the meantime.

The next time I touch the SP I will undoubtedly check that in because it
doesn't really affect the mainline builds, but I'm full time on the IdP
for the time being.