Shibboleth IdP configuration with simplified backend

Marek Denis marek.denis at gmail.com
Thu May 1 18:02:45 EDT 2014

> * Marek Denis <marek.denis at gmail.com> [2014-04-30 17:18]:
>> What I need to is to simply write a ecp and adfs compilant Python
>> client
>
> PySAML2 already seems to support ECP, so have a look at that,
> https://github.com/rohe/pysaml2
>
> There's also a single-file Python script for demonstrating ECP
> attached to the Contributions page in the wiki.

You mean this script:
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/download/attachments/4358416/ecp.py?api=v2
,right?

@Scott, Have you ever tested your Python implementation with IdPs like
testshib.org? Do you think it should work after some minor tweaks?

@Kevin. I tried https://idp.testshib.org/idp/profile/SAML2/SOAP/ECP
from my browser and the HTTP Basic auth window popped up. When I
authenticated myself with myself:myself user/pass I got HTTP 403
response. Given the fact it was a browser, was it expected behaviour?

Thanks,
--
Marek Denis