Need help in configuring Shibboleth IDP and test it with my own REST Service (SP)

Srinivas Munigala srinivas.munigala at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 11:48:22 EST 2014

I have gone through the Shibboleth documentation and configured following
components:

1. Installed Tomcat6, deployed idp.war and followed required steps
2. Now, I am able to ping the following link and it gives "OK"

https://vmhydstatxp-01.apac.progress.com:8443/idp/profile/Status

3. I have generated metadata file for my SP (i.e. My own REST application)
4. The question is how can I get my SP's metadata registered with the IDP?

The documentation says about *Load SAML Metadata for the SP's*

Does it mean to copy SP's metadata into relying-party.xml (@
$IDP_HOME/conf/)

5. Do I need to make any changes to IDP's metadata (@ $IDP_HOME/metadata)
to communicate with SP

Please help. I have attached SP's metadata for reference.

Thanks,
Srinivas Munigala.