Shibboleth IDP 2.4 Setup

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 15 13:47:45 EDT 2014

On 7/15/14, 1:36 PM, "Richard Genthner" <moose at symplicity.com> wrote:

>I¹m working on setting up a IDP and when I add the InCommon Stuff to the
>relaying-party.xml I get this error in the idp-process.log
>13:24:03.334 - ERROR
>[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.config.BaseService:188] -
>Configuration was not loaded for
>shibboleth.RelyingPartyConfigurationManager service, error creating
>components.  The root cause of this error was:
>java.lang.NullPointerException: null

That's a bug, but I have no idea where.

When mine loads, the next logging lines that aren't showing up in yours
are the loading of the metadata. So my guess is one or both metadata
sources is screwed up somehow, but I have no idea how.

I think something pretty fundamental is wrong. Permissions maybe. The
first one that should be initializing is the local file with the IdP's
metadata in it, and for that to fail, something pretty strange is wrong.

You might try adding failFastInitialization="false" to the metadata
providers to see if that bypasses anything, but I don't think that will
fix a crash.