Shibboleth SP in a sandbox without external DNS

Alexey strolling.code at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 01:47:12 EDT 2014

My service provider (SP) is deployed on a Tomcat application server in a
sandbox without external DNS. Identity provider (IdP) is deployed on a
remote host and I do not have access to it.

How do I configure metadata of SP? What exactly I'm interested in:

Attribute value *entityID* of the element *EntityDescriptor*
Attribute value *Location* of the element *AssertionConsumerService*
Attribute values *ResponseLocation* and *Location* of the element
*AssertionConsumerService*
If I specify IP addresses and ports, SP-initiated Web SSO does not work.

I would be very grateful for the information. Thanks to all.