IDP node stickiness without an SLB?

Christopher Bongaarts cab at umn.edu
Tue Jan 21 18:38:58 EST 2014

On 1/21/2014 4:21 PM, Wessel, Keith wrote:
> Can anyone make any suggestions of how we might, once a user hits node
> 1 or node 2, keep them going back to that node until they’re logged in
> and returning to the SP? I see no easy way to, say, put an absolute
> URL in place of /idp for all of the relative URLs presented by the IDP.

Off the top of my head - not sure if this would actually work:

Update the login.jsp to look at the Host: header - if it's the "virtual"
name (idp.illinois.edu), redirect to one of the "real" names
(idpN.illinois.edu). Otherwise leave it alone.

I'm pretty sure that you only really need to sticky that page (because
the login context stored locally to that IdP server).

--
%%  Christopher A. Bongaarts   %%  cab at umn.edu          %%
%%  OIT - Identity Management  %%  http://umn.edu/~cab  %%