MCB java.io.NotSerializableException

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Feb 12 13:12:36 EST 2014

On 2/12/14, 1:01 PM, "Scott Koranda" <skoranda at gmail.com> wrote:

>During startup of Tomcat I do not see any ERROR or WARN in
>idp-process.log but in catalina.out I am seeing
>
>SEVERE: IOException while loading persisted sessions:
>java.io.WriteAbortedExcept
>ion: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException:
>edu.internet2.middleware
>.assurance.mcb.config.Method
>java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
>java.io.NotSerializableException
>: edu.internet2.middleware.assurance.mcb.config.Method
>        at
>java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1330)
>        at
>java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:348)
>        at java.util.ArrayList.readObject(ArrayList.java:593)
>        <snip>
>
>Is that expected?

That would indicate the MCB code is storing something non-serializable in
the Java servlet session. Tomcat will try and persist that in cases I
don't know the details of.

We're concerned about a similar issue in V3 because webflow uses session
data and we explicitly can't do Serializable.

The nice thing would be some way to tell Tomcat not to persist sessions,
don't know if that's possible.