Who should I report an error in the documentation to?

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Mon Feb 3 17:24:02 EST 2014

On 2/3/14, 12:27 PM, "Craig_Caughlin" <craigcaughlin at gmail.com> wrote:

>In my effort to set up an idP install, I have CAREFULLY followed the
>instructions at:
>https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/IdPInstall and I can
>say with confidence that they're wrong.

They're not. They're contextual, and assume the need to apply general
advice to specific context. Your system is your system, and only you know
the details of your own environment.

>I've tried this more than once and all it does is generate a "This page
>can't be displayed" error. I'm guessing more steps in your configuration
>relative to SSL need to be done, but these seemingly simple instructions
>don't work as they're written.

Because SSL is an implication, and if you're not using it, you have to
make the appropriate adjustments. We can't write three sentences of
caveats on every step of the documemtation.

>I've got to think I'm not the only person who's experienced this so I
>think
>it would be nice to correct it.

Then you can add any notes you feel are warranted. The final edits belong
to the team, but anybody can obtain an account and login and make changes
and you are welcome to, as is anybody else.