Is there any way to send 'Principal' to SP side without using Custom Dataconnector?

Surinaidu Majji pioneer.suri at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 00:12:34 EST 2014

Thanks for the docs, i have gone through the docs, As per my understanding
from the docs, We can release principal and static attributes would be
released at SP side at the same time.
But still i am not clear how to get the Principal at SP side without
dataconnector.

What this means from the docs 'The principal name comes exclusively from
internal IdP state.'?