Shibboleth IdP AuthN Delegationt to OpenAM

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Dec 11 19:56:31 EST 2014

On 12/11/14, 11:26 PM, "Royder, Kyle D" <kroyder at austin.utexas.edu> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>  I’m looking around the Shibboleth wiki and through the users list
>archive regarding the possibility of delegating authentication for a
>Shibboleth IdP to an external authentication provider, in this case it
>would be OpenAM.  I’m really just collecting information together but was
>wondering if anyone has come across, or attempted to do this sort of
>thing, specifically to setup OpenAM as an authentication provider for a
>Shibboleth IdP?  Any documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Many people use all kinds of SSO systems like that. I'm not sure of the
benefit of doing so with something like OpenAM, but regardless, you:

1) use the RemoteUser handler
2) use the External handler + your own code
3) use a custom handler (your own code)

That's it. And you still have to deal with attribute resolution separately.