AW: Error using CAS & Shibboleth

Alex Olson ako at byu.edu
Mon Dec 1 17:54:06 EST 2014

> Hi Alex,
> yea sure .. no problem, all byu.edu MD

> —originally
> Nov 20 19:00 akobyu.xml  -> entityID="http://shib-stg.byu.edu/idp/shibboleth"
> Nov 25 12:27 byu-u.xml  -> entityID="http://shib-stg.byu.edu/idp/shibboleth"
> Nov 26 17:44 byuprod.xml  -> entityID="https://shib.byu.edu/idp/shibboleth"

> —current
> Nov 25 12:27 byu-u.xml ->  entityID="http://shib-stg.byu.edu/idp/shibboleth"
> Nov 26 17:44 byuprod.xml -> entityID="https://shib.byu.edu/idp/shibboleth"
> Dec  1 17:16 byushibstg.xml -> entityID="https://shib-stg.byu.edu/idp/shibboleth"

> Note .. you added an additional one after I removed one :-)

> md5sum shows..

> 430ff9f218640e05c22d2f7e4554e9cf  byuprod.xml
> 158553f7df8968feb86c02f47d3680eb  byushibstg.xml
> 80de1c626001007a2bb055738cfcef23  byu-u.xml

> So lets try again .. i’ll remove buy-u.xml
> Also note if you need to update a piece of MD, you just name the file the same
> on the register page.

> <https://www.testshib.org/register.html>

> <https://www.testshib.org/entities.html>

Thanks for your help! With byu-u removed we should be good to go. I have taken note of our metadata file names on testshib so I don't dig myself the same hole again.

Unfortunately this does not resolve our error but I can now eliminate this as a potential cause and continue debugging. If I get any more information that might be helpful I'll be sure to send it along.

Thanks,

---
Alex K. Olson