Specify SP target URL to previous page (referer)

Jehan Procaccia Jehan.Procaccia at it-sudparis.eu
Mon Dec 1 10:42:25 EST 2014

Le 01/12/2014 16:07, Cantor, Scott a écrit :
> On 12/1/14, 3:03 PM, "Jehan Procaccia" <Jehan.Procaccia at it-sudparis.eu>
> wrote:
> >from
>> https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/NativeSPSessionCreati
>> onParameters
>> I understand that the target parameter is an absolute URL
>> is it possible to have it set to a  the variable previous page (referer)
>> the request originated from ?
> No. It can be relative now, however, the SP will fill in the rest.
by relative you mean a target like this ? (using a relative path)

&target=../../opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=84779

but my need is is to get back to the previously selected book number, it
can be any "bibblionumber" here ... so I cannot hardcode it as above.
>> How can I set dynamically the target to the previous/referer page ? is
>> it possible to set the target as a "variable" pointing to the "referer" ?
> Use an intermediate script I guess? I don't really understand the use case.
If there is no application session cookie already set (anonymous
browsing) , the application sends the user to a intermediary login page,
the login button ( NativeSPSessionInitiator) containing :

https://catalogue.mines-telecom.fr/Shibboleth.sso/Login?providerId=https://idp.tem-tsp.eu/idp/shibboleth&target=https://catalogue.mines-telecom.fr/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl

here, I want the target to be set to the previous page , in that
specific case

&target=../../opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=84779

but that "previous page" depend on the users browsing, next time it
could be opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=999999

can the target be something like &target=$referer !?

Thanks .