encrypted assertions

Chris Phillips Chris.Phillips at canarie.ca
Tue Aug 19 15:03:00 EDT 2014

>From my perspective, it's a specific implementation profile on the SAML2
spec, it's there to be used but not required to be 'enabled' (or is it?)
others may have more insight.

For instance, ADFS supports SAML2 but sending it an encrypted assertion
gives it grief (at least my instance).
(yes, my signing key is separate from my encryption key -- still borks and
event viewer is oh so helpful *cough*.
If anyone has this clearly sorted out I'd love to hear from you).

So, I say yes it's SAML2 capable.

Nate's SAML2int.org reference is a good touchstone item to use as a
yardstick for what your asking..

Chris.