Question on Client IP issue

Paul Hethmon paul.hethmon at clareitysecurity.com
Tue Aug 5 16:44:38 EDT 2014

On Aug 5, 2014, at 4:35 PM, Brewer, Edward L <lee.brewer at Vanderbilt.Edu<mailto:lee.brewer at Vanderbilt.Edu>> wrote:

10.152.19.245 and 10.152.19.246 are the IP address of the LTM.  How can I signal to the IdP the value set for X-Forwarded-For.  BTW I am not using Apache.

This is really more of a Tomcat question than a Shib one, but I believe if you check the Apache Tomcat pages, there is a "valve" or "filter" you can enable to rewrite the client IP value based on the header.

Paul

Paul Hethmon
Chief Software Architect
paul.hethmon at clareitysecurity.com<mailto:paul.hethmon at clareitysecurity.com>