Attribute encoding - meaning of 'name' with URL

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Fri Aug 1 05:51:47 EDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-07-31 at 23:38 +0000, Cantor, Scott wrote:
> On 7/31/14, 6:55 PM, "John Horne" <john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> >The following
> >https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/AttributeNaming
> >says that the URL 'should resolve into documentation, providing helpful
> >information for unwitting relying parties'
>
> I reworded it.

Many thanks for the replies. The rewording makes sense :-)

I think that I should point out that we do try and follow best practice,
and in this instance spent a fair amount of time trying to find an OID
for PPID. Only when we found none did we start to look at using a URL,
and that was when we started questioning what it was that the URL was
used for and/or represented. I don't think we would ever actually make
up a 'name' attribute such as 'fred' :-)

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK