Load balancing both the SP and IdP

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Wed Oct 23 09:57:32 EDT 2013

* Cantor, Scott <cantor.2 at osu.edu> [2013-10-23 15:48]:
> On 10/23/13 8:55 AM, "Martin, Andrew J." <AMartin at towson.edu> wrote:
> >This has worked pretty well for us, though at some point we'd still like
> >to move to the clustering options you mentioned. While I wouldn't
> >recommend this over proper clustering, it may be better than having just
> >a single node.
>
> I should have included that in my "preferred" options, it works pretty
> well and probably with a lot less hassle.

You mean "not clustering at all", just to be clear?

Univie has been doing "that" (i.e., nothing, other than have hot
spares waiting) for years (making Terracotta so absurd today, when
most downtimes seemed to be caused by the very thing that was put in
place to avoid them, among other things).
-peter