LDAP SSL with it's own JKS on IDP?

Daniel Fisher dfisher at vt.edu
Wed Oct 16 15:05:55 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Byte Flinger <byteflinger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately it is not an option for me.
> Is that a limitation of the product? Push comes to shove I could use the
> java keystore but I'd rather keep it in a separate keystore if possible.

I think your best course of action would be to switch to ldaptive (
www.ldaptive.org) for the JAAS config.
While you can do this with vt-ldap, the list of caveats and gotchas is more
than I would like.

ShibUserPassAuth {
  org.ldaptive.jaas.LdapLoginModule required
    ldapUrl="ldap://directory.com"
    baseDn="ou=people,dc=com"
    useSSL="true"
    userFilter="(uid={user})"

  credentialConfig="org.ldaptive.ssl.KeyStoreCredentialConfig{{trustStore=file:/path/to/my/truststore}}";
};

Let me know if that does what you want.

--Daniel Fisher