Shibboleth IdP (Tomcat6/OpenJDK1.6) Fresh Install Issues

Joaquin Menchaca jmenchaca at verticalresponse.com
Tue Oct 1 13:50:42 EDT 2013

On 10/1/13 10:33 AM, Kevin P. Foote wrote:
> You will not see the endpoints or locations you see on the frontside communication
> port generally (443) or if your offloading via apache or balancer
> your normal www port..
I was following the process in in the wiki (1), that says to test if the
IdP is properly installed by using the URL:

|https://HOSTNAME/idp/profile/Status

I followed the instructions using the Tomcat Container (2).  The
instructions doesn't mention configured the connectors others than port
8443 for Supporting SOAP Endpoints.  Is there a connector I should add
for 443?  Do I need to install a certificate in the keystore?

I am relatively new to Tomcat configurations.

1 - https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/IdPInstall
2 -
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/IdPApacheTomcatPrepare