IDP freezes, JettyService.exe crashed and false system disk capacity alert - possibly heap related ?

Rod Widdowson rdw at steadingsoftware.com
Wed Nov 27 04:52:23 EST 2013

Anything in else on the event log apart from disk full and this?
Anything in *Jetty's* logs?

This looks more like a Jetty error (or even Java) than a Shibboleth one so
you would be much better to ask there.

(with my Windows internals hat on): My guess is that Jetty went bezerk,
filled a log file which was marked delete on close, crashed and then NTFS
then deleted the file when the process exited.  A far less likely
possibility is horrid disk fragmentation.  Are there any process dump files
kicking around?

But again, this feels much more like Jetty/Java than Shibboleth - even if
you have misconfigured shibboleth (and it looks fine) you shouldn't get an
application crash.

Rod